On 5/16/2014 3:03 PM, Oscar del Rio <del...@mie.utoronto.ca> wrote:
Unfortunately, many servers out there reject emails with NULL sender.

Unfortunately, there are many clueless mail admins and/or badly/mis configured mail servers out there.

The reality is that the RFCs mandate that the null sender envelope address is one that must be accepted, as there are many tthings smtp that depend on it.

That said, I really don't care if their server rejects our user occasional vacation message or not, so it isn't something I even care about knowing about, other than to tell a user that the reason their valuable vacation response wasn't received by their VIP customer is because their VIP customers genius mail admin decided that they didn't want to receive any of those kinds of emails, so go complain to them if they want to complain to someone.

Best regards,

Charles