Andreas,

> I am interested in finding out your experiences with using the dbox
> format (especially mdbox) if you use this format.

mdbox is THE reason why I am trying Dovecot. With mailboxes of several (tens
of) GB with several k of messages I hope mdbox will speedup backups. Also
SIS for attachments sounds very good, but still doesn't follow the
altstorage rules (while messages go to altstorage, the extracted attachment
stays in the SIS partition).

> I am contemplating changing my maildir setup to mdbox but I still need
> to make a case for it

My current interest is to keep live mailbox data in Maildir format and
"archive" in the altstorage in mdbox after 30 days or so. I will experiment
that configuration next week.

Nevertheless I am still puzzled by the lost data I got yesterday in my
mdbox+SIS+altstorage combination (see my message and the one from Daniel
Miller).

I am also interested to hear real life stories.

73
Paolo Cravero