Hi,

Just out of curiosity what is in nfsv4 delegation that you think would give a
benefit on your configuration?

If I read back the thread you seem to have dovecot configured with director
ring in front of the backends. In that case Dovecot already manages storage in
a way that only one of the backends is accessing each users data at a time. So
I can’t see anything but problems form enabling delegations.

Sorry but I have zero experience in running dovegot with nfsv4 delegations
since in general it is not needed.

Sami