On 19/07/16 16:42, Miquel van Smoorenburg wrote:

Known problem. Sort of a indexing thundering herd problem.

Preferences -> Advanced -> Config Editor, set  mail.db.idlelimit to a
large number. I set it to 30000000. Fixed it for me..

Mike.

If you're using a Thunderbird version > 38 then you don't need to make this change, it is to do with reducing auto closing mail folders and opening them again (which is CPU intensive). If you are using a version > 38 then you should retain the default value to mail.db.idle_limit.