On 11/16/2016 01:06 AM, soumi...@iitk.ac.in wrote:
Hello all,

I am going for a dovecot director based setup (2 director+ 2 imap), more
imap servers will be added later  depending on demand/load. Presently I
have 12000+ dovecot users with Maildir quota varying from 1 GB to 20GB.
(peak hour IOPS 50000+)

I am having 2 options in choosing dovecot version.

1) Old stable release. I.e RHEL, with prebuilt binary. This will be
having less trouble in managing. Why RHEL still using version 2.2.10.

2) Latest release with best features and lesser known bugs. I.e CentOS7
with with latest compiled version. I have to be more involved if a bug
is found.

I will prefer a less admin work after the setup, with all/most features
working.

If you have a recent similar setup/dovecot gurus, Pl. suggest.

With thanks & regards,

I only run small server but I use CentOS and build the most recent myself and do not have many issues.

CentOS 7 dovecot btw is same as RHEL 7 dovecot as far as I know.