On 2016-12-05 06:16, Stephan Bosch wrote:
Op 5-12-2016 om 14:36 schreef MRob:
The examples on the imapsieve documentation page use COPY but not APPEND to watch messages coming into a folder. Are there not circumstances that a client would APPEND a message to a folder instead of COPY? Is APPEND only used by most clients for adding a sent message to the sent folder? I'm not familiar enough with IMAP clients to know if by leaving off APPEND I am safe or I am at risk to miss some actions I shouldn't.

Depends on the application. E.g., if you're trying to detect messages
being moved into the Junk folder, COPY is usually involved. Instead,
if you're trying to detect messages being put in the Sent folder,
APPEND is usually involved.

So it shouldn't hurt to add APPEND in an example as on the documentation page right? However I believe you would only add it to the first "mailbox1" whereas adding the APPEND cause to "mailbox2" should not be correct, because it is impossible to APPEND from one folder to another?