On 03/22/2017 11:36 AM, chaouche yacine wrote:
Robert,

What would be the benefit of using sed against making customized files and just
copying them ? I'd probably just want to copy a working version of
/etc/dovecot/ conf files instead of modifying my existing files with sed
scripts (or create new ones with cat).

new options are left unaltered. I learned this with postfix, to use postconf instead of trying to replace main.cf.

I thought about mv old confs then cat new confs, but again, there are other things set up, and I worked at changing what needed customization, rather than wholesale replacement.