Hi all,

Is there a way to get dovecot to recognize arbitrary password hash
schemes when looking up a password in a database? I originally set up
with #default_pass_scheme = MD5, and I would like to migrate to SHA512.

Is this possible currently?
Thanks,

Kurt

Hi!

Prefix with {SCHEME}.

Hi Aki,

Thanks for the tip. This works, but when implementing it I discovered that just setting the password type generically to 'CRYPT' will let Dovecott use the built-in OS crypt decoding of the scheme number already encoded in the password. It now automatically detects MD5, SHA256, and SHA512. If my Linux distribution supported blowfish it would support that too.