On Tue, 21/11/17, Jeff Kletsky <dove...@allycomm.com> wrote:
> On 11/20/17 1:58 PM, Someone wrote:
>
>  > I've been

struggling with this on and off for a while now.  Upon

> > attempting to install Dovecot on Ubuntu

17.04 I get the following errors

[...]

> "Hint: Some lines were ellipsized, use -l
to show in full."

I'm aware of that, yes.  Unfortunately I don't know how to tell any of
the myriad of package installers to "do the right thing" in such cases,

and, as stated, this is happening during installation.

>  Without seeing the full messages, my guess is that you've got problems with
> your IPv6 configuration or connectivity.

Entirely possible, since I don't have IPv6 and have completely disabled
it as a result.  Even were I to re-enable it, I don't see it would help
if problems with IPv6 connectivity would also be a problem (because I
don't have it).