-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
On Wed, 28 Feb 2018, Stanislaw Findeisen wrote:
I have just setup IMAP with Maildir, but unfortunately some clients
create their own folders instead of using those specified in
15-mailboxes.conf . What could be the reason?
Because the clients do so.
Here's what it looks like:
B list "" *
* LIST (\HasNoChildren \Sent) "." "Sent Messages"
* LIST (\HasNoChildren) "." Gesendet
* LIST (\HasNoChildren) "." Entw&APw-rfe
* LIST (\HasNoChildren \Trash) "." Trash
* LIST (\HasNoChildren) "." Papierkorb
* LIST (\HasNoChildren \Drafts) "." Drafts
* LIST (\HasNoChildren \Sent) "." Sent
* LIST (\HasNoChildren) "." Ausgang
* LIST (\HasNoChildren \Junk) "." Junk
* LIST (\HasNoChildren) "." INBOX
B OK List completed.
Here for example "Gesendet" (meaning "Sent" in German) is a folder
created by some Android client app. This app uses it to store its sent
mail, while another client uses the Sent folder.
Yeah. If the blue traffic sign with the bicycle on it tags the left road,
many bicycles will choose this way, but some still choose the right road
with the blue traffic sign with the pedestrian on it.
The "\Sent" is a hint for client, which way to go. Either force your users
to use another client, re-configure their client manuelly, or - sometimes
- - the mail client needs to refresh its configuration.
Also, is it correct that all those folders (both pre-made and extra) get
created directly in the user's maildir, alongside cur, new, tmp and
Dovecot index files? Shouldn't there be any subdir?
Yes. What kind of subdir do you expect?
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----