It's similar issue but not the same.

In my postfix main.cf I use:

authorized_submit_users = root, filter

to block users with shell access to send e-mails.

I want only users root and filter to be able to send directly without using
SMTP authentication.

If I remove "authorized_submit_users = root, filter" then it works.

The question is if something changed between postfix 2.2 and 2.3.1 which
requires to drop privileges from root to user.