Am 07.01.2019 um 07:47 schrieb admin:
Hi,

I also experienced that thunderbird behavior, I guess

[...]

When I move a message to Archive in Thunderbird. On the server the
files

What exactly means move? Like drag and drop or via context menu
"archive/archivieren"?

.Archives and .Archives.2018 are created (Thunderbird creates a
subfolder in Archives)

How is this possible? On the server there is already an .Archive
folder
so it should create .Archive.2018 not?

I think this is intended. At least all my clients (thunderbird) do
this. I think mozilla hoped to improve performance on big mailboxes by
simply sorting archived mails by the mail's year.

Thunderbird uses yearly archived folders by default, but this behaviour can be changed.

  https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/archived-messages

--
Alex JOST