Op 06/01/2019 om 17:05 schreef Stephan Bosch:

Op 31/12/2018 om 06:32 schreef Laz C. Peterson:
Hello Sami, yes, see below.

We run Dovecot at a different versions, mainly 2.2.10 (CentOS), 2.2.22 (Ubuntu) and now 2.2.36 (CentOS).  The issue is weird, because it only happened after the update from 2.2.10->36.  Just to understand it would be great.

I'm actually checking out the configs now ... Our SQL userdb does not specify port.  So I'm guessing this may be to blame?

(This was by design, though -- we don't want to specify one port for different client protocols.  Though, I do recall seeing some hack online using CASE in SQL query ...)

These servers run LMTP as a unix socket as well as a TCP port 24 serving all IP sources.  The internal servers are running LMTP on TCP port 24 (as well as unix socket, but that's irrelevant), but no LMTP comm happens between directors and backend mail servers after the 2.2.10->36 update on the directors with our config.  I do apologize that I can't get more specific than those versions ...

The backend mail servers function the same in our environment on both versions 2.2.10 and 2.2.36.

We are good now, as we changed the config to go to the TCP port instead of unix socket.  But we had a good jolt of fun this morning. :-)

Would love to understand what we have done wrong, or how we misunderstood the configuration directives -- in either version.

I can reproduce it here, even with master.

We'll get back to you.

BTW, similar thread here:

https://www.dovecot.org/pipermail/dovecot/2019-January/114071.html

Hmm, did you try returning a protocol=lmtp field from passdb? This is ignored by services other than lmtp and the code tells me it will then default to port 24. That should be a workaround.

Regards,

Stephan.