Op 15/01/2019 om 08:08 schreef Aki Tuomi:
On 10.1.2019 6.53, Chris Kiakas wrote:
Hit a little problem when I upgraded a system from FreeBSD 10.3 to 11.2. I did
not receive any errors in the upgrade. The system is running 4 jails and
everything seems to work except in Dovecot dovecot-2.3.4_5 where when using the
exact same configuration which worked in 10.3 with the same password protected
certificate key. (doveconf -n -P shows the correct password.)

ssl_ca = </usr/local/etc/site.keys/name_com.ca-bundle
ssl_cert = </usr/local/etc/site.keys/name_com.crt
ssl_dh = </usr/local/etc/dovecot/dh.pem
ssl_key = </usr/local/etc/site.keys/name.com.key
ssl_key_password = keypassword

The password works with openssl. Changing the password on the key has no
effect. Removing the password on the cert with openssl and running dovecot with
the new key works.

I installed on another system and I am experiencing the same results. The issue
persists whether I install dovecot from ports or pkg. I can't see where the
problem is. It seems that Dovecot is unable to read the key when password
protected even though it has the correct password. Has anyone experienced this?
Thanks for reporting this, we'll look into it.

Tracking internally as DOP-851.

Regards,

Stephan.