> Am 04.03.2019 um 22:19 schrieb Francis via dovecot <dovecot@dovecot.org>:
>
> Le lun. 4 mars 2019 à 12:48, Gerald Galster via dovecot <dovecot@dovecot.org
> <mailto:dovecot@dovecot.org>> a écrit :
>
> Hallo Francis,
>
> have you tried removing the account from your ldap? If dovecot has no
> information about a particular user, it won't replicate.
>
> Then you would have to delete the mailbox (on both cluster nodes) from the
> filesystem (rm -rf /path/to/mailbox)
> During testing you could move the mailbox somewhere else instead of deleting
> it, just in case something does not work as expected.
>
> Deleting files on another server could be automated with ssh (ssh keys).
>

> I'm also using single instance storage for attachments. Because of that, I
> think I can't just remove the mdbox storage with rm because I'll be stuck
> with attachments from removed mailboxes. Am I wrong?

you may be right. I don't know if any tools like doveadm deduplicate will check
for orphans.
On a new server you could disable sis and use a filesystem with deduplication
instead (e.g. vdo)

> This is why I first use doveadm flags/expunge to mark as removed all messages
> then I use doveadm purge to remove them from storage. I can't use theses
> commands on deleted/disabled user, I get an error saying the user cannot be
> found, so I can't remove them from LDAP first.

you could try to stop replication for the user you are deleting:
doveadm replicator remove [-a replicator_socket_path] username

Best regards
Gerald