On Fri, March 8, 2019 10:45 pm, Aki Tuomi via dovecot wrote:

> On 8.3.2019 13.44, Voytek Eymont via dovecot wrote:
>
>> I have Centos 7 with dovecot/postfix/mysql Maildir
>>

>> I want to bring in a new server, new server will have same hostname as
>> current, but, different IP
>>
>> I was intending to
>> rsync -avzhe ssh  vmail@oldserver:/var/vmail/vmail1  /var/vmail/vmail1
>>
>> and, then, re run as necessary when/if mail still arrives on old server
>>

>> is that "a good plan" ...?
>>
>> TIA, V
>>

> Yeah, it's ok as long as you haven't switched to new server.

Aki, thanks

I'm not certain I understand your comment properly

I currently have server 'geko'

intention was to change A record to assign geko to new IP/server, assign
new hostname to oldserver A record

I guess I;ll still get some emails delivered to oldserver with new
hostname/old ip for 24 hours or so after aA record change ?

so, I was going to re run rsync 2 or 3 times over the first 24 hours or so ?

are you saying NOT to rsync once A record changed ?

sorry for being slow

(sorry for sending not to list...)