Hi everyone!

I’m using dovecot 2.3.5. submission-login is crashing many times in a day:

Here is a sample error message:

dovecot: submission-login: Fatal: master: service(submission-login): child
34247 killed with signal 11 (core not dumped -
https://dovecot.org/bugreport.html#coredumps - set service submission-login {
drop_priv_before_exec=yes })

After I added drop_priv_before_exec, I got these error messages:

submission-login: Error: master-service: cannot get filters:
net_connect_unix(/var/run/dovecot/config) failed: Permission denied
dovecot: master: Error: service(submission-login): command startup failed,
throttling for 2 secs

How to get submission core dumps properly?

Thank you.

—
Marcelo Coelho