On 2019-03-21 10:28, Sami Ketola via dovecot wrote:
On 20 Mar 2019, at 18.17, Tom Sommer via dovecot <dovecot@dovecot.org> wrote:

On 2019-03-20 16:40, Sami Ketola via dovecot wrote:

On 20 Mar 2019, at 17.13, Tom Sommer via dovecot <dovecot@dovecot.org> wrote: I realize quota-service on Director is not supported, which is a shame. As a workaround I'm thinking of setting up quota-service on one of my backend nodes, and have all my Postfix services ask this one node for the quota status. This sort of defeats the purpose of the Director (having per-user assigned hot nodes), since now this one node running the quota-service will access all mailboxes to check the status of all inbound mail.
Is this a problem though? In terms of NFS locking etc. etc.?
Might be. Wouldn't it be just easier to use the overquota-flag available since 2.2.16 and set up overquota flag in LDAP or userdb of choice and configure postfix to check that flag?

I don't really want to involve LDAP in my setup :)

So use what ever your shared userdb service is as you must have one if
you are using multiple backends and directors.

Does it work with mysql userdb? Is there an example to look at anywhere?