On 2019-05-01 22:14, Daniel Miller via dovecot wrote:
On 4/30/2019 11:13 PM, MRob via dovecot wrote:
The examples in 15-mailboxes.conf

# If you have a virtual "All messages" mailbox:
   #mailbox virtual/All {
   #  special_use = \All
   #  comment = All my messages
   #}

   # If you have a virtual "Flagged" mailbox:
   #mailbox virtual/Flagged {
   #  special_use = \Flagged
   #  comment = All my flagged messages
#}

They seem to reference some kind of virtual mailbox setup that doesn't compare to the docs for the "virtual" plugin. That plugin says we should create a separate namespace instead, like "namespace virtual" and put files representing the virtual folders into user maildirs. What if we use mdbox? add the files to user/mailboxes director I will guess.

Is there a way to use the mailbox examples in the inbox namespace in the default config? Does it use some other method different from the virtual plugin? maybe more config hints for those examples would be helpful.

Thank you.

You will indeed need to setup a virtual namespace. The virtual
mailboxes will exist in a folder alongside but separate from your
primary mailstore. If your default namespace is:

Thank you, but question is about the example mailbox settings in 15-mailboxes.conf I found I can put those mailbox definitions in the new virtual namespace, still not sure if they would work if I kept them in the inbox namespace, maybe the documentation in the example file can include clarification