It is not recommended to rely on local-part case, but it is indeed
    case-sensitive.

    And this is to avoid such issues that postfix supports address
    cleanup/canonicalisation before forwarding mails to dovecot.

    ----------
    RFC 5321:

    "Local-part     = Dot-string / Quoted-string ; MAY be case-sensitive
    […]
    While the above definition for Local-part is relatively permissive,
    for maximum interoperability, a host that expects to receive mail
    SHOULD avoid defining mailboxes where the Local-part requires (or
    uses) the Quoted-string form or where the Local-part is case-sensitive."

And therefore “receive liberally” policy that wants to assume case-insensitivity should single-case the address IN THE COMPARISON.

The local-part MAY be case-sensitive, but in general I don't know any mail addresses where the case matters. Thus it is hard for me to understand, why this comparison of the vacation address is case-sensitive. Whether the final recipients address is also treated case-insensitive.

If this has to be case-sensitive to be RFC compliant, then please create an option for admins or users to change the behavior to an case-insensitive comparison.