I have recently been working/testing with exchange 2016 and started
thinking if I should even migrate to this platform. I assume more people
here have experience with exchange and this idea.

I was wondering if this is possible with a dovecot setup

 1. public folder can be implemented with a public mailbox?

 2. authorize users via groups access to mailboxes/folders of the public
folder/mailbox. I think I saw ACL's with dovecot, does this compare to
'folder permissions'

 3. is it possible with sieve to apply a rule on any mailbox/folder?
Thus if I 'drag' a message to a folder, the sieve rule is activated?