Hi,

so currently run dovecot 2.2.x on CentOS 7 box and was looking to upgrade to 2.3.10. I use lazy expunge atm into a different namespace but saw on the new doco pages that is is depracted in 2.3.0.

Have tested and still seems to work so question is more around why ? Why would this be deprecated given using a different namespace allows 2 things

a) the folder where message is located is taken accross so if I want to restore and know where it went

b) namespace allows me to specify an alternate location for storing the messages.

Also given it does still work is there any indication as to what version the deprecation basically equates to it not working.

rgds

Matt

       namespace

Deprecated since version v2.3.0.