On Mon, 3 Aug 2020, Kishore Potnuru wrote:

===============
Jul 28 11:14:23 auth: Fatal: Master passdb can't have pass=yes if there are
no passdbs
Jul 28 11:14:23 master: Error: service(auth): command startup failed,
throttling
===============

after the above error, I have commented "pass=yes" in production1 (old
server) server, then I see the below error.

================
Jul 28 11:17:10 auth: Fatal: No passdbs specified in configuration file.
PLAIN mechanism needs one
Jul 28 11:17:10 master: Error: service(auth): command startup failed,
throttling
===============

My old server dovecot.conf (production1):

passdb {
       args = /etc/dovecot/passwd
       driver = passwd-file
       master = yes
       pass = yes
       }

My interpretation of your error messages is you need 2 sets of credentials:
regular users and master users.  You've only supplied master passwords.
You'll need

        # Contains master users credentials
        passdb {
                args = /etc/dovecot/master-passwd