allow_nets with `local,127.0.0.1/32` defined, should do the trick - this
assumes you don’t have any webmail running on the same host, since that would
still allow authentication.

https://doc.dovecot.org/configuration_manual/authentication/allow_nets/

I use allow_nets to “suspend” user logins, but allow LMTP to continue to
function for example.

On 1 Jun 2022, at 13:40, lutz.niede...@gmx.net<mailto:lutz.niede...@gmx.net>