I have a small client whose insurance company insists they have MFA for their
email to be covered under some kind of data protection policy. Currently I have
the client set up on a Debian box for the email server coupled with roundcube
for webmail. Most the users just use roundcube but some also use their mobile
devices to check email. Maybe one person uses outlook. There’s about 5 to 10
users total.

I know roundcube offers a MFA plugin. But I don’t have the foggiest idea how of
an iPhone, Android device, or Outlook could all be set up to work with MFA with
a standard dovecot/postfix setup. Are there any practical solutions for easily
implementing MFA that could work across multiple devices?