On 20/04/2023 00:34 EEST John Gateley via dovecot <dovecot@dovecot.org> wrote:

Hello,

For mobile clients (gmail on Android), I need a server side searching solution.

A few months ago, I tried getting Solr to work with Dovecot, but failed.

The instructions here https://doc.dovecot.org/configuration_manual/fts/solr/ are quite out of date, they reference Debian 8 and 9 (current version 11), and Solr 7.7 (current version 9.2)

My Solr experience is pretty much zero.

Questions/Requests:

  • Is there a different tool than Solr I should be using for this?
  • Does anyone have a recent version of Solr and Debian working?
  • If you do, would you be willing to help me?
  • I cannot afford much, this is a home mailserver for my wife and I, but I could pay a small consulting fee.

I use ansible to deploy the server, I'd be willing to contribute the playbooks somewhere for documentation, or help with the docs.

Thanks!

John

You can try https://github.com/slusarz/dovecot-fts-flatcurve .

Can you give more details on how Solr didn't work for you? I am using solr myself.

Aki