Am 17.05.23 um 20:03 schrieb dovecot--- via dovecot:
Dovecot ... submission server works well with all sorts of clients, but Outlook.

I thought that was M$ intent. They purposefully design their ecosystem to not play well with others so the average person will think something is wrong with the competitor's software, give up and just continue to use outlook with M$ services.

Remember how IE didn't render pages properly, but had a larger market share so most webmasters designed sites to look best in IE. Making sites not work well in Netscape, causing the average person to think Netscape sucked so they continued to use IE which in turn caused more webmasters to only develop sites for IE.

As an open-source activist I can understand the sentiment, thought for regular users this always seems to be broken in the server :(

@Aki and @Timo: is that a known problem with submission server you plan to address, or if not, how can I help to debug that further?

Obviously I can get back to the traditional setup using Postfix and SASL, if that's the only way to support Outlook ...

Ralf

--
Ralf Becker
EGroupware GmbH [www.egroupware.org]