Hi Aki,

your statement that it should not do this made me check things again,
and it turned out that one of the scripts piping spam (or ham) into
spamassassin was misconfigured. That caused the same behaviour as I
have seen it when trying to manually pipe an encrypted mail into
spamassassin (timeout after 10 sec), so I assumed that enabling
mail_crypt breaks sieve, but in fact it doesn't. My fault, sorry...

Problem solved, many thanks,

Robert

Am Dienstag, dem 06.06.2023 um 08:24 +0300 schrieb Aki Tuomi via
dovecot:

> > On 06/06/2023 04:10 EEST Robert Senger
> > <robert.sen...@lists.microscopium.de> wrote:
> >

> > Hi there,
> >
> > I was using imap_sieve for many years now to pipe mails upon user
> > action (moving mails to the SPAM folder) into spamassassin to train
> > spam detection. This worked fine all the time.
> >
> > Now we're moving to encrypted mail storage on per user basis, with
> > encrypted private keys. This works well, but it breaks the
> > spamassassin
> > training upon user action since it would feed encrypted mail into
> > spamassassin, which makes no sense.
> >
> > So, my question is, is there a possibility to call the mail_crypt
> > plugin from imap_sieve to decrypt the email (that means, decrypt
> > the
> > private key with the user password, decrypt the email that's moved
> > the SPAM folder) before it's piped into spamassassin?
> >
> > Thanks for help!
> >
> > Robert
> >
> > --
> > Robert Senger
> >

> It should not really be feeding encrypted emails to your pipe. Can
> you provide dovecot-sysreport
> (https://raw.githubusercontent.com/dovecot/core/main/src/util/dovecot-sysreport
> ) from your system and the Sieve script you are using?
>
> Aki

Robert Senger