I manage IT for a small office with about 10 workstations.  Dovecot has been installed for years and is now at 2.3.4.1-5 (Debian).  I just discovered that the user cannot see many emails in the inbox. I was alerted when email was not appearing to be coming in for many hours.  Other users observed the same thing.  On investigation, I noticed many inbox emails missing in the Outlook GUI from times past that were on the server.  It appears to be a broken client (Outlook 2019) to me but troubleshooting has yielded no solid leads.  The profile and OST files have been re-created many times with no change in outcome.  Each time, the inbox does not synchronize about 40 most recent emails but does for the last one for the day before and many before that.

It may well be an Outlook issue so I'm looking for information to work around an Outlook bug if necessary.  Thunderbird works perfectly.  Also, interestingly, I can copy email from Thunderbird (or move emails on the server) to a temporary directory form the inbox, then move them back and they will appear if I don't move too many at a time.

Regards,
David Koski
dko...@sutinen.com