> Interesting, nice they use this rust, I am curious how they define this
> scaling. What I don't get is why are they messing with smtp. I always get a
> bad feeling when a company is trying to do everything.

Good they are using rust and even better they've had an independent security
audit (https://www.stalw.art/blog/security-audit).

On the scaling side, maybe see the storage page ?
(https://www.stalw.art/docs/storage/overview).  The metadata is stored in a
database which can be replicated.  And the mails themselves can be stored in
filesystem or "S3-compatible" storage, and so there are scaling options there
too ? But clearly some experimentation is required to see how it works in
practice.

Are they messing with SMTP ?  As I understand it its an IMAP/JMAP server.  And
(like Dovecot) it has LMTP for getting mail into it from e.g. Postfix ?  From
my reading of the docs it looks like SMTP is only there if you don't want to
use LMTP to get mail into it ?