On 14/12/2023 18:01, Aki Tuomi via dovecot wrote:
You can set service auth and service auth-worker vsz_limit to 2G, that
is usually enough for PAM and Argon2.

Thank you. In my first message I wrote that 1G was enough in my case. It is rather disappointing that pam_fscrypt does nothing for a mail user. Amount of rally used memory is negligible. Configuration adjustment is necessary to avoid Go runtime initialization only.

I am realizing that implementation of cgroup based resource limits require significant efforts.

I asked if this pitfall should be documented in the manual. Nobody is interested however. It may be reasonable since the case is quite specific. At least those who might face a similar issue in future have more chances to notice this thread in search results.