On 05/04/2024 17:49 EEST Marc via dovecot <dovecot@dovecot.org>
     wrote:

               doveadm sync -u testacc
          'mdbox:/home/testing/testacc/mdbox:INDEX=/home/testing/
          testacc/index:CONT
          ROL=/home/testing/testacc/mail/control:LAYOUT=index'

               Which gives me the expectec result. But I have
               also an archive
          namespace and an alt namespace that is going to be quite a
          lot of moving
          around on this production server. Not to mention having all
          these
          messages copied. Is this really the most efficient way to
          migrate to such
          id folders?

          You said you are in process of migrating to new server. And
          yes, this is
          the safest way to do this change.

          You probably likely want to have a migration.conf file with
          **new**
          locations, and use doveadm -c /path/to/migration.conf sync
          -1R
          tcp:localhost:1234 to make it bit less horrible to migrate.

     I guess this migration.conf can be a dump of doveconf -a not?

     Should I copy these sieve dirs manually or is there also sync for
     that?

Sieve is synced. See https://doc.dovecot.org/admin_manual/migrating_mailboxes/

Aki