I see report-ham, instead of archiving? I am not entirely sure if this is an
efficient approach to archiving. My users can only set a flag for 'auto
archiving' via sieve and then 3 months after every year messages are being
moved by cron jobs, and modification logs are put into their accounts. This all
is only happening in 'dead hours'.

If you want to analyze emails, why not do it with scheduled crons after they
are archived?