This may help, see the post from 9/9/2021:
https://github.com/goauthentik/authentik/issues/1234

On 5/9/2024 2:50 PM, Francis Augusto Medeiros-Logeay via dovecot wrote:

On 9 May 2024, at 19:45, Aki Tuomi <aki.tu...@open-xchange.com> wrote:

On 09/05/2024 20:15 EEST Francis Augusto Medeiros-Logeay via dovecot
<dovecot@dovecot.org <mailto:dovecot@dovecot.org>> wrote:
Hi, I was wondering: 1 - Is it possible to configure authentication methods per user? For example, oauth2 for most users, but plain for others?
2 - I had a feeling that when oauth2 authentication fails, dovecot tries to
authenticate via plain with the received token. Doesn’t seem logical, but I get
my user blocked on my directory server (freeipa) after a few failed oath
authentications. If so, can this be prevented?
Best, Francis
Yep. See
https://doc.dovecot.org/configuration_manual/authentication/password_databases_passdb/#passdb-setting
you can filter by mechanism. Aki
The weird thing is that I get this still:

May 09 21:45:47 auth: Error: oauth2(myu...@mydomain.com,48.237.124.127): oauth2
failed: Introspection failed: No username returned
May 09 21:45:47 auth: Error: ldap(myu...@mydomain.com,48.237.124.127):
ldap_bind() failed: Constraint violation

Even when I have my configuration like this:

auth_mechanisms = $auth_mechanisms xoauth2 oauthbearer

passdb {
   driver = oauth2
   mechanisms = xoauth2 oauthbearer
   args = /etc/dovecot/dovecot-oauth2.conf.ext
   result_failure=return-fail
}

What could be the cause?

Best,