ok here are the basics

see example plugins below

plugin {
mail_log_events = delete undelete expunge copy mailbox_delete mailbox_rename
  mail_log_fields = uid, box, msgid, from, subject, size, vsize, flags
  push_notification_driver = dlog

  sieve = file:~/sieve/sieve;active=~/sieve/.dovecot.sieve
  sieve_duplicate_default_period = 1h
  sieve_duplicate_max_period = 1d

  mail_replica = tcp:10.221.0.7:12345
  #mail_replica = tcps:10.221.0.7
  #mail_replica = remote:vmail@10.221.0.7
  #replication_sync_timeout = 2

  fts = lucene
  fts_lucene = whitespace_chars=@.

}

&

protocol sieve {
  managesieve_implementation_string = Dovecot Pigeonhole
  managesieve_max_line_length = 65536
}

basically

sieve_duplicate_default_period = 1h
  sieve_duplicate_max_period = 1d

handles the duplicate supression

see :

https://doc.dovecot.org/configuration_manual/sieve/extensions/duplicate/

Thanks - Paul Kudla (Manager SCOM.CA Internet Services Inc.)

Have A Happy Monday !!!

Scom.ca Internet Services <http://www.scom.ca>
004-1009 Byron Street South
Whitby, Ontario - Canada