It's badly expressed, the 'lower-case' is just a recommendation for new attributes, the emphasis is on String. Apart from casting to String I don't put any restrictions on the key/value pairs (old-style HTML upper-case attributes also have to be supported). I will review the javadocs anyway.

-Lukas

Vincent Siveton wrote:
+1

My only interrogation is why keys *and* values needs to be in lower
case... I refer to style which could contains both.

Cheers,

Vincent