Hi Jason,

2008/4/28 Jason van Zyl <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> Hi,
>
>  After chatting with Lukas and Vincent on IRC I think if we want to continue
> with changes to Doxia then we should release the 1.0 for the site plugin and
> move on.
>
>  I know that changes Vincent Massol would like to make are important, and I
> have started to fully decouple the site notions from the core of doxia. Move
> it toward a set of parsers and sinks. Let client code deal with sites,
> parser managers, sink managers and whatever else. Tools like the macro
> manager can also be added in a more flexible way where those tools are
> plugins to the system.

DEFINITELY agree on that! I have in mind a plugin way for macro things.

>  So how about we release 1.0 and then hack away on the future?

Always agree on it but IMHO we need to follow our process, i.e. beta-1
soon and 1.0. Beta-1 seems very easy to make according Jira and 1.0 is
mainly about schema or DTD.
After that, we need to support correctly the site-plugin and thus
release it as 2.0. Same things for PIR. I don't think there is any
rush to release Doxia. After all, Doxia has around 3 years of alpha ;)
Finally, I will be confident to start on Doxia 2.0 :)

Cheers,

Vincent