On 15/12/2008, at 10:21 AM, Vincent Siveton wrote:

2008/12/14 Benjamin Bentmann <benjamin.bentm...@udo.edu>:
Vincent Siveton wrote:

I proposed to remove officially org.codehaus.doxia.sink.Sink for the
1.0 (DOXIA-146).
WDYT?

This interface is still referenced by MavenReport from the
maven-reporting-api. Hence it seems removing it would require a new
reporting API when Doxia 1.0 is integrated into Maven. Not sure how much
havoc that causes to all the reporting Maven plugins out there.

Agree with you for maven 2.0.x but for maven 2.1.x I think it is possible.

You will need to at least introduce the overloaded method into 2.0.x and deprecate the old one... but again this might cause problems for anyone using the interface and not the AbstractMavenReport.

Perhaps a better approach can be found that can isolate the classloading of different versions in the Core so that the change can be made directly.

- Brett

--
Brett Porter
br...@apache.org