I'm running into bug DOXIA-99:

  http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/DOXIA-99

If I don't specify an extension, then the HTML is generated without one, causing the image to fail to load.

If I do specify an extension, then the HTML has the extension, and the image loads properly. However, this prevents the image format auto- selection feature from working described in the APT format documentation.

The issue was resolved as "Won't Fix" but I don't understand why. I'm guessing that the APT format documentation is now incorrect. Specifically, this line is wrong: "An APT processor will first try to load /home/joe/docs/mylogo.eps . When the desired format is not found, a APT processor tries to convert one of the existing formats."

Should I file an issue to have the documentation corrected?

Trevor