Hi,

using Doxygen already for a couple of years, I happily acknowledge the steadily
improving Fortran support. Great thanks to Dimitri and all other contributors!

Yet, I find difficult to arrange with the imperative conversion of names to
lower case. I see the motivation that Fortran is a case insensitive language.
Hence, the conversion is a reasonable default. However, it is common practice
even in Fortran projects to use the case for better readability and
transporting some meta-information. For example, constants could be written in
upper-case, procedures and types (classes) in camel-case and ordinary variables
in lower cases. While we enforce these conventions in our style guide, they are
debilitated by the conversion to all lower-case.

Given these observations, I wonder if there isn’t a switch which recovers a
case-sensitive behavior for Fortran, similar to C or C++?
If not, I am curious if the development of such a feature planed for a future
release.

Best regards,
Jörg

--