Did you try what I suggested in my previous post?

Did you look at the associated filetypes on your box
to see if they are correctly set to Opera?     Is launchmode
set to 1 or 2 in preferences.js/localprefs.js ?  I can almost
guarantee you the problem is that the proper file associations
are not in place, which is why IE is being spawned every time..

Please check these things out..   I have had this problem
before..  I had to manually set some of the file associations
to get it fixed.  I think Opera has a bug that it doesnt set the
proper file associations in the registry as it should.

You can also use setbrowser from

It will help you get the file associations set..    You should still verify
the associations manually, *especially* the URL one..

Monty

Monty Scroggins
Broadband Data Systems Engineering (BDSE)
MCI Worldcom