I dont know if this will help, but in my experience with
the toolbar, script errors are most commonly caused by
either a duplicated search or function, or a syntax
problem with one of the searches..

I know there are other people running this taskbar on
WinXP, so the OS probably isnt the culprit, unless there
is some service pack somewhere that helps the matter..

Is this from a purely clean install or have you installed the
latest version over an older version?  Have you generated
your own/modified any existing searches?

I have also noticed when working on my own searches and
having coding problems that cause errors, the toolbar can
get into a state where the script errors persist even after
the errant code I introduced was removed.   Closing/reopening
the toolbar always fixes it..

If you could, please try this -

1. Close the toolbar,
2. Logout/in or reboot
3. Uninstall it. (this is important.. Please dont skip this step)
4. Verify the Quick Search Deskbar directory is empty.  If not,
remove anything inside.  If there are 'in use' errors deleting
the contents of this directory, then the toolbar is not full
uninstalled.
5. Download and re-install the latest version.

If no errors are reported during the install process,
you should be ready to go..  (hopefully)

Hope this helps

Monty

Monty Scroggins
Broadband Data Systems Engineering (BDSE)
MCI Worldcom