At 16:16 04/07/2002 +0100, you wrote:

>Several of the searches that require characters at the start (like "mm
>FK81EF" or "amaz illuminatus") seem to work just fine, but typing in
>straight text produces the following error:
>
>An error ([objct Error]/Object expected) occurred while trying to run
>the search "goo()"

I'm not sure where 'goo()' comes from - perhaps an older version?

Have you have older copies of DQSD installed on your machine?  Do you
perhaps have a local preferences file which references this search?

I'd suggest a clean installation.

>I'm using WinXP with all the patches available.

Well, I'm using WinXP with some patches that aren't available, and DQSD
works OK....

Will