> In general, seems that these XML-RPC APIs could become a very interesting
> aspect of DQSD.

I'm confused.  I am familiar with XML-RPC and SOAP, and I know that Google
has made its search engine available on a limited basis by exposing a SOAP
API.  (The GoogleSpell add-on [1] uses the Google SOAP API.)  How is XML-RPC
is involved?

It looks like the researchbuzz cgi script determines the julian dates from
the time you give it in order to hand off
"/daterange:<juliandate1>-<juliandate2>" to Google.  In fact, it looks like
we could do the same without ever touching the goofresh page, since the
conversion could be done in JavaScript [2].

I've made a quick hack at modifying the Google search (gg.xml) to use the
researchbuzz/goosearch.  E.g.
     gg cardinals /fresh /since:w
...which searches for pages containing "cardinals" (who now lead the NL
Central by 4.5 games.. woo hoo!) that were indexed in the last week.

Usage:  gg <search-string> /fresh /since:<time>
     /since:t - indexed today (default)
     /since:y - indexed yesterday
     /since:w - indexed in the last 7 days
     /since:m - indexed in the last 30 days

Again, I don't think we need to hit the goosearch site first -- the julian
conversion could be done in the search script -- if someone had the time and
desire to look into this.  Feel free to make this search better.  I'm
realizing now that I could have used only one switch (/fresh) with a value,
instead of adding the /since switch.

Glenn

[1]
http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=42081&release_id=92883