Obviously I've taken this subject way off corse, so I'm changing the subject
line.

Don't be sorry - discouragement is part of life.
> 1. Can you think of any way it can become an add-on?  I'm probably not
much
> help, but I'm very willing to try and help.
I've thought and thought, but have no solutions to making seperate add ons
that modify core code.  Although I'm curious if anyone responds to my prior
question, "Can Javascript functions be overloaded?".  Everything I could
abstract to an XML, I did.
> 2. Does it only pull stuff from web pages?  Can it pull stuff from Word,
> other apps, etc.?
You can paste anything into it.  It will contain the HTML that Word pastes
to the clipboard - which is the equivalent of Word's "Save As Web Page".
For the most part, it will look in the snippets nearly identically to what
was in Word - although this isn't always the case (as you'll know if you've
ever used the "Save As Webpage" function).
> 3. Where can I get it?  Where can I get a 3.0 beta 24 flavor of it?
I haven't upgraded it to v3, but it is on my to-do list.  Currently I'm
using an old version of DQSD. :(
> 4. What other DQSD utils do you have.
I have tinkered (emphasis on tinkered) with:
- fold-out folders (basically a drive explorer on the menu, with a
pre-defined starting point...My Favorites, My Documents, etc.)
- changing the textarea to a DIV with contenteditable=true.  This looks
better and is more functionable than a textarea or input.  It can include
HTML content (links, pictures, etc) but can still be typed into.  Mozilla
1.1 is going to support this - after that you are going to see these
everywhere.  Remember that word, contenteditable. :)
- making DQSD work as a "Search Frame" in Internet Explorer.  This is
different than a search bar.  We are talking about that pane that can show
things like history and such.

But mostly I just have I deas that I haven't had time to work on.  As I've
mentioned before, I work in R&D - it's my job to let my mind wander and
cause "scope creep" while people such as yourself tell me why it won't work.
:)  Probably my next attempt will be attempting to display RSS news feeds in
DQSD.  I've already written an ASP based RSS newsfeed reader - and I think
it would be cool - despite the scope creep - in DQSD.

-Dan