Hi Bob,

> RE: [DQSD-Users] auto log in...
> I just got a "new" old laptop from my company. Operating
> system is W98.

Sounds like you're describing the registry modification to auto-login
to windows?

If so, the easiest way to set it is to install TweakUI (
http://www.microsoft.com/ntworkstation/downloads/powertoys/networking/
nttweakui.asp  or http://tinyurl.com/i4p ), then in start > settings >
control panel > tweakui, do:
  [Logon] tab
    [X] Log on automatically
    fill in your username & password, [OK]

Regards,

Shawn K. Hall
http://ReliableAnswers.com/

   "New opinions are always suspected, and usually opposed,
    without any other reason but because they are not
    already common."
      -- John Locke (1632-1704)