Hi MLL,

> And just a thought for everybody. Aren't singaporian,
> canadian, us holidays predictable several years in advance ?
> That would  make things leaner. Example : after some
> research, I could build a holidays.fr.xml with virtually no
> limit of year (though I stopped at 2020). Easier.

Most of the holiday files are actually covered for up until 2006, 2013 or
2020.

Fabio's event file generator at the contrib page is great, but it lacks some
expressibility, so I spent most of the day yesterday trying to rebuild it in
VB, but even the GUI design drove me nuts :o).

I'd love to build on Fabio's app, but my Delphi is a little rusty, and I
don't have a compiler.

Anyway, there seem to be a couple of rules sufficient to express an entire
holiday season:

- Fixed dates
- Dates relative to Easter (Easter sunday is algorithmically available for
any year)
- Nth weekday in month
- Weekday in between two dates (i.e. Saturday in between 31/10 and 6/11 is
Halloween [at least in Sweden])

I'm sure some calendars have other requirements as well, but these seem to
be sufficient for most of them.

If we could extend the event file generator with the last two (it already
has the first two), it'd be perfect for batch-generating holidays.

Kim