Yes its only when i use it as a calculator...

When i do have to use it as a calculator, it usually has to work fast and,
with allot typing in different numbers.
When i hit the key below "number 3" on the numeric keyboard, i get a comma
and not a period... to get a period i have to go to the main part on the
keyboard... like i said, just a little issue, thats a little annoying.

Anything that can be done?

excuse me... but i have seen it before in a very few pieces of software, and
to me it just seems to be lazy design/programming. (sorry)

Again, i don't know anything about javacode, or other types of programming,
but i love little genius software like DQSD.

Stephen

On 12/5/06, Kim Gräsman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hi Stephen,

> But i have a small issue. Here in Denmark where i live we
> dont use the . (dot) as decimal marker, rather we use the , (comma).
>
> In most programs this switch is seamless, but in some
> including DQSD, we have to use the "wrong" way to write a number:
>
> On my system this is wrong:
> 29.55
>
> on my system this is right:
> 29,55
>
> Now my question.
> Is there anyway that i can configure this to work right in DQSD?
> Is there anyway that someone can make the installer detect
> this localization?

It's the same here in Sweden.

You see, what you're entering into the search bar (provided you mean when
you use it as a calculator) is actually JavaScript code.

If you type:

25 + 9 / 3 * 3.14

the search bar responds with

34.42

As this is just a JavaScript expression and JavaScript always expresses
floating point numbers in a locale-invariant manner, there's no built-in
facility for localized numerics.

Then again, I guess we could preprocess every numeric expression replacing
"<decimal separator of your choice>" with "." before evaluating the
expression.

To me it just seems counter-intuitive, but maybe that's because I know
what
it does, so I expect the locale-invariant behavior.

- Kim

Stephen-Peter Foged Møller [EMAIL PROTECTED]