Hi Phil,

I'm guessing you would have spotted this, so there's probably
something else afoot, but the item is no longer "Add Quick Search..."
but now just "DQSD Deskbar" in 4.0.

I think it actually is in the registry, though it's a little bit
obscured. The DQSD Host registers as part of the DeskBand category. At
startup, Explorer spins through the registry looking for all classes
that implement the DeskBand category, and adds them to the menu.

I know sometimes, with DQSD 3, you had to reboot for the menu item to
show up. Or at least wait a little while, it took something like 10
seconds before it was detected.

FWIW,
- Kim