Hi MLL,

Long time no see!

On Tue, Mar 6, 2012 at 09:18, MLL <web...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Now, I wanted to make a new search using Glenn’s Wizard for the first time
> since I switched to Windows 7 / IE 9.
>
> Problem is that upon installing dqsdwiz1.3.exe, it says that DQSD is not
> installed, and then aborts installation. Same happens in compatibility mode.
> And it happens on Win 7 32 bits as well as 64 bits.

Hmm... I'm trying to understand what might go wrong.

Here's the check from the wizard's installer:

  IfFileExists $INSTDIR\search.htm Installed
    SetAutoClose true
    MessageBox MB_OK|MB_ICONEXCLAMATION "Unable to find installation
of Dave's Quick Search Deskbar.$\n$\nPlease install the latest version
of Dave's Quick Search Deskbar."
    Quit

 Installed:
    ... do installation here...

IfFileExists checks if the file is on disk, and if so, sets the
Installed flag. Otherwise it drops down to the body of the check,
which shows a message and aborts. A little backward...

This forum discussion:
http://forums.winamp.com/showthread.php?t=340698

hints that Windows 7 filesystem redirection might cause trouble, but
I'm not sure what the workaround is. It's hard to tell without knowing
the value of $INSTDIR. Do you get to choose an install directory when
you start the installer?

I can't seem to build the wizard, I don't think I have the right build
tools installed anymore, so it's hard for me to debug.

- Kim